With the control of credit card of Mobills you can simulate the behavior of your credit cards controlling your shopping, bills, and payments. Actually, there are some types of payment of your credit card bill. On Mobills you can do 3 types of them.
Is the complete payment of credit card bill until the due date. If your bill has closed with a value of USD 700.00, for instance, you'll pay this value at once.
Let's keep in mind that the January/18 bill of my "Credit Card A" has closed in USD 700.00 right? However, I only want to pay USD 500.00 for this bill. For this, I need to make a partial payment.
When I choose to make a partial payment, what Mobills do? The app finishes the bill (January/18) and creates an expense of USD 200.00 (Total bill - partial payment) in the February/18 bill of Credit Card A, in other words, in the next invoice.
There are some important details about Partial Payment:
- When doing a partial payment of your credit card invoice, the invoice is closed. You can not add more expenses to that bill;
- The expenses of your paid invoice will be unified to expenses screen and they will turn into an entry called "Partial Payment";
- It's only possible to pay one invoice partially one time.
Some credit cards offer a possibility to prepay your invoice, even if is still opened, in order that the total bill comes reduced when it is closed.
Let's take an example with the same USD 700.00. Suppose that you have an extra money, and you already want to pay your next invoice and pay USD 200.00. This will make your invoice to close with a lower value (USD 500.00).
Some details about this:
- Prepay any value will not force an invoice to be closed, you still have to pay the leftovers when the due date comes.
- You can do a prepay more than one time in the same invoice, differently of partial payment.
- If your invoice value is zero (0), the invoice will be closed automatically on the due date.
Do you still having questions about how to manage your credit cards? Send us an email at email@example.com