A subcategory works in a similar way to the pre-existing categories that are already on Mobills. You can create subcategories for your expenses and incomes.
On this article, we will talk about the following subjects:
How to use subcategories?
Taking as an example one of the categories that already exist on Mobills: food. There are several types of expenses with food: fast-food, work lunch, school lunch, etc.
Before the creation of subcategories, you had to create different categories for each type of expenses. With the addition of subcategories, each main category can have multiple ones within it, that are part of the same type of expense (as in the example above).
Now that you already know how subcategories work, how about creating one? It is very easy and similar to the process of creating categories, just follow the steps below:
How to create a subcategory:
* (This tutorial works for both expenses and incomes).
1. On the Mobills app main screen, touch the three dots on the right inferior side of the screen (more options).
2. When opening the 'more options' screen, you'll be on the 'Manage' tab. Press 'Categories' to open the categories menu.
3. There are categories for 'Expenses' and for 'Income'. Press one of the two tabs to decide for which one you will create the subcategory. (this tutorial works for both expenses and incomes).
4. On the 'Categories' screen, choose which category you wish to add a subcategory to and press on its '+' button. (on the right side of the name of each category).
5. On the 'Create new subcategory menu', type its name on 'Description'. If you change your mind and want to select another 'father-category' (which is the main one, and, in this example, food), touch the name of the category and select another one.
6. Done! Now touch 'SAVE' to create your subcategory. The created subcategory will show up below its father-category.
In the case you change your mind and want to edit a subcategory that you already created, it is also very simple.
How to edit a subcategory:
1. Follow the same previous step by step to find the 'Categories' menu;
2. On the 'Categories' menu, press the subcategory you wish to edit.
3. On the 'Edit subcategory' menu, you can change its name and its 'father-category' (which is the main one) to which it belongs to (just press the name of the category and select another father-category).
4. All done! Now, after doing all the changes you wish, press 'SAVE' to edit the subcategory.
You wish to move entries between one category and another (or subcategory)? It is very simple: take a look at the following article: How to move entries between categories and subcategories (Android).