When managing your categories (whether they are expenses or incomes) you can register titles to each of them in order to differentiate them as you wish. In the case you need to change the category of which a transaction belongs to, it is useful to know that this feature is very simple and intuitive. All you have to do is move the transaction between one category and another. This tutorial works for managing Income and Expenses categories and the procedure is the same for both.
For those who used Mobills before the addition of subcategories, maybe it is necessary to move transactions that used to be from a category. Now, with this feature, they can become part of a subcategory as well. To move transactions between categories and subcategories, just follow the steps below:
How To Move Transactions Between Categories and Subcategories:
1. On the Mobills main screen, touch the three dots on the inferior right side of the screen (More options):
2. When opening the 'More options' screen, you will see the 'Manage' tab. Press the 'Categories' option to open the categories menu:
3. There are categories for 'Expenses' and 'Incomes'. Touch one of the two types of transactions that you wish to move. (This procedure works for both).
4. On the 'Categories' menu, touch the three dots on the right superior side of the screen and then press the option 'Move Transactions':
5. Now, you must select the origin category (top option) and the destiny category (bottom option):
6. By selecting from where and to where you wish to move your transactions, a confirmation message will pop. Read it carefully (all the transactions from the origin category will be moved to the destiny category). In case you changed your mind, press 'NO'. But if you are, indeed, sure and wish to move your transactions, press 'YES'.
Done! Your transactions have been moved successfully! :)
Attention: When moving transactions from the 'father' category, only the transactions from this category will be moved. The ones on subcategories won't be affected.
It is possible to move transactions in different ways
- From subcategory to subcategory
- From category to category
- From category to subcategory
- From subcategory to category
With that being said, you will have more detailed control of your finances and will be able to properly organize each type of expense on income registered on Mobills.
Stay alert! This tutorial works for both expenses and incomes.