Subcategories work in a similar way to the categories on Mobills. You can create Subcategories of Expenses and also of Incomes.
In this article we'll talk about:
How to use Subcategories
Taking as an example one of the categories already existing in Mobills: Health. There are several types of health expenses: supermarket, fast food, work lunch, college snack ... Anyway, several types.
Before creating subcategories, you had to create separate categories for each type. With subcategories, each main category can have several others within it, which are part of the same type (as in the example quoted above).
Now that you know how subcategories work, how about creating one? It is a procedure very similar to the categories, just follow the steps below:
Creating a Subcategory
*(This tutorial applies to both Expenses and Incomes)
1. On Mobills dashboard, touch the three dots in the lower right corner (More):
2. When you open the "More" screen, you'll be in the "Manage" tab. Touch the "Categories" option to open your categories:
3. There are categories of "Expenses" and "Incomes". Touch one of two types of postings you want to move (the procedure described is valid for both):
4. In the "Categories" screen, choose in which category you want to add a subcategory and touch the "+" button (beside the name of each category):
Another way is to tap the three dots in the upper right corner to open a menu of options and tap 'Create Subcategory':
5. In "Create subcategory", enter the category title in "Name". Select the "parent category" (which is the parent) to which it belongs or leaves it if you have touched the "+" sign to add a subcategory within the category you have chosen:
6. Done! Tap "SAVE" to create the subcategory. The created subcategory will appear below your parent category:
If you change your mind and want to edit a subcategory you've already created, it's also simple.
How to Edit a Subcategory
1. Follow the same path quoted in the previous walkthrough to find the "Categories" menu;
2. On the "Categories" screen, touch the subcategory you want to edit:
3. Under "Edit subcategory", you can rename the subcategory, the "parent category" (which is the parent) to which it belongs (just tap the category name and select another parent category):
4. Done! After making the changes you want, touch "SAVE" to edit the subcategory.
See how easy it is to manage subcategories?