When managing categories (whether they are incomes or expenses), you can attribute names to each of them in order to differentiate them from each other as you wish. If you need to change the category to which the transaction belongs to, it is good to know that doing that is very easy and intuitive. All you have to do is move the transaction between one category and another. This tutorial works for both expenses and incomes since the process is the same for both.
If you used Mobills before subcategories were added, maybe it is necessary to move transactions that were from one category. And, now, with this new feature, they can be part of a subcategory. In order to move transactions between categories (or subcategories), follow the steps below:
How to move transactions between categories and subcategories:
* This tutorial works for both expenses and incomes.
1. On the main screen, touch the three dots on the inferior right side of the screen;
2. When opening the 'more options' screen, you'll see the tab 'Manage'. Go to the 'Categories' options and then open your categories;
3. There are categories for expenses and incomes. Touch one of the two types of transactions you wish to move (the process is the same for both).
4. On the 'categories' screen, touch the three dots on the superior right side of the screen in order to open an options menu. Now, press 'move transactions'.
Another option (and more practical) is to touch and swipe to the left the category or subcategory you wish to move (in this case, this will be the original one). Touch on 'move' to be directed to the same options menu as on item 5;
5. Now, you can select the original category (option above) and the destiny category (option below).
6. When selecting from where and to where you wish to move your transactions, a confirmation message will appear. Read it carefully (all transactions from the original category will be moved to the destiny category). If you change your mind, press 'Cancel'. But if you are sure and want to proceed to move the transactions, press 'Yes.'
Done! Your transactions were moved successfully.
Be aware: When moving transactions from the 'father category', only transactions that come from that category will be moved. Subcategories won't be affected.
It is possible to move transactions in a lot of different ways:
- From category to a subcategory;
- From subcategory to category;
- From category to category;
- From subcategory to subcategory.
Doing that, you will have more specific control of your finances and will be able to organize properly for each type of expense or income registered on Mobills.