There are three ways to make a payment for a credit card bill in Mobills, simulating a real situation: Total payment, Partial payment, and Payment in advance!
In this article "Credit Card: Differences between total payment, partial payment and payment in advance" you can learn more about the difference between each one in order to be sure about what kind of payment to make in Mobills!
Check below how to perform the three types of invoice payments on the Web platform:
1. On the dashboard, click on "Credit Cards", which is on the left menu:
2. On "Credit Cards", choose which card you want to pay:
3. Now, choose which type of invoice payment you want to make:
- Total Payment
- Partial Payment
- Payment in Advance
Each of the three types will be detailed below.
Total Payment, as its name implies, is the full payment of the invoice after closing. If you have questions about the closing date, check out this article: Closing Date and Due Date. For example (picture below): If the invoice closed with the value of $ 195.00, the Total Payment pays this amount at one time. It is the most traditional method of paying a credit card bill.
1. To make the invoice payment, click on the 'Checkmark' icon.
2. A confirmation screen will open. Check the date of payment of the invoice, the account (which is where the money will come from for payment) and click on "Do it":
3. After the payment, the invoice will appear as "paid" and instead of displaying the due date on the right, the invoice payment date will be displayed. As highlighted in the image below:
Partial Payment is the payment of any amount lower than the total amount of the invoice, which means, only part of the total amount. When making a partial payment, the invoice is closed and the difference (total amount - amount paid) is posted as an expense in the next month's invoice. The expenses of the invoice that was partially paid will be unified from the expenses screen and will become a called 'Partial Payment'. In addition, you can partially pay the invoice only once.
1. To make the partial payment of the invoice, click on "Pay Partially":
2. On the confirmation screen, check the date of payment of the invoice, the account (which is where the money will come from for payment) and the partial payment amount (the field that appears on the right side, "partial value", refers to the remaining value that will be posted to the next invoice), and then click "Do it":
3. After doing the partial payment, the invoice will appear as a "partial payment", and in the fields at the right the following information will be displayed: the date the invoice closed, the invoice payment date (instead of due date), the amount paid and the amount spent (which refers to the total limit consumed on the card). According to the image below:
4. The remaining amount (the difference between the total amount and the amount paid) is posted as an expense on the invoice for the following month. As highlighted below:
5. On the "Transactions" screen, you can check the partial payment of the card's invoice: the date of payment, the account that was used to pay, and the amount are displayed. Partial invoice payments fall into a specific category called "Partial Invoice":
Payment in Advance
The Payment in Advance allows you to pay an outstanding invoice so that the amount is lower at the time it closes. For example, your open invoice is worth $685.00 and you would like to advance $400.00. When you advance this payment, the invoice will close with the amount of $285.00! Early payment (other than partial) doesn't close the invoice and you can make more than one advance payment on the same invoice, dropping whatever amount you prefer until the invoice closing day.
1. To make the advance payment for the outstanding invoice, click on "Advance Payment":
2. On the next screen, check the invoice payment date, the amount of the advance payment and the account (which is where the money will come from for payment). After checking each item, click on "Do it":
3. After you make the payment in advance, it'll appear as a posting on the open invoice (showing the amount paid), and the invoice total will be updated. As highlighted in the image below:
These are the three types of payment for a credit card bill in Mobills!